Monday, May 13, 2013

Rising from the Ashes

Okay, so I started this blog back in 2011 only to find that my computer took far too long to update my posts.  Fortunately, I have since gotten a new one, and am ready to get rolling again.  In addition to that I have, over the past year been gaming with another gaming group that is very active.  Going forward I'll be trying to do weekly reports on what we do, but in the mean time, here's some pictures of the last year or so of gaming I've done.

First up we have the construction of my new gaming table.  I was about to start this when I stopped posting last.  It is very much my "field of dreams".  It was shortly after building this I met the guys I game with every weekend now.

It consists of four 4'x6' tables that are usually arranged to make a 6'x16' table.  It has built in shelves for storing terrain under the edges.  It's one of the best gaming projects I've ever done.






 
 
 
Next up we have some pictures from a 40K Combat patrol tournament I attended using my Eldar.







 
The first game I started playing with my new buddies was Flames of War.  I invited them over to play an assault on Hill 112 scenario I had worked on.  It was the first big game on my new table.
 


 
 
Over the next several months a lot of different games got played.  I was introduced to Empire Napoleonics, and Final Argument of Kings (seven years war) rules sets.  I also introduced a couple of the younger guys to Warhammer 40K.





 
As 2012 became 2013 we got together for a huge Seven Years War game using every unit we had over two days of playing.  It was everything I had built my table for.
 





You can see in the intervening months the game room got decorated as well.

That should catch us up.  There were a lot more games played that I didn't include in this post or it would have 100 images.  To see more complete reports on some of our games go to my friend Michael's blog at Campaigns in Miniature.

Hopefully you'll come back and see some more of what we've been up to.

Thanks for reading.

Dan

 

1 comment:

  1. Great to have it going again. I always enjoy reading about other people's games or views on games I participated in.

    ReplyDelete